At a glance
- Cook time
- Difficulty Medium
- Serves 12
- 1 cup unsweetened Greek yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 3⁄4 cups white self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 3 Weet-Bix wheat biscuits, finely crushed
- 2 – 3 Tbsp Marmite
- 1 cup grated edam cheese
- Preheat oven to 190°C (370°F). Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- To make the dough, combine yoghurt, oil and water in a bowl and stir well. Add flour and Weet-Bix wheat biscuits and stir again. Use your hands to knead mixture in the bowl for about a minute to create a soft and pliable dough.
- Lightly dust bench and top of dough with a bit of extra flour. Roll dough into a 24 x 40cm rectangle. With a long edge closest to you, thinly spread Marmite over dough, leaving 2 cm clear on the opposite long edge.
- Top dough with cheese and roll away from you to enclose filling, pinch the seam to seal. Slice into 12 rounds with a sharp knife and place cut-side down on the prepared tray.
- Bake 18 – 20 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Cool on tray for 5 minutes then move to a rack to cool completely, serve warm or at room temperature.
- Dough consistency can be impacted by the weather! If your dough is too dry after kneading add a spoonful of water – if too wet, a spoonful of flour.
- Marmite thickness is highly personal – use more or less to taste.
- Dough can also be used to make pizza or jam scrolls.
- Energy-Kilojoules 775
- Energy-Calories 185
- Protein 10
- Fat-Total 9
- Fat-Saturated 5
- Carbohydrate 15
- Carbohydrate-Sugars 2
- Sodium 392
- Potassium 179
- Calcium 242
- Iron 3.1
- Dietary-Fibre 2.3