At a glance
- Cook time
- Difficulty Easy
- Serves 8
- 12 eggs
- 1 tbs Marmite™
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbs chives or watercress leaves, chopped
- Place the eggs in a pot and cover them with room temperature water. Bring to a simmer and stir gently, rotating the eggs.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pan, and leave the eggs for 12 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the eggs. (Note: If you boil or overcook them, they will tend to get grey around the edges of the yolks.)
- Drain the eggs and run them under cold water. Crack them immediately and carefully peel them under cold running water.
- Slice each egg in half and carefully remove the yolks. Mash yolks with Marmite™, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and parsley.
- Trim the bottom of the egg whites slightly so that they stand upright
- Spoon or pipe the mixture back into the white halves.
- Garnish with chives or watercress leaves to serve.
- Centre the yolk in the eggs by turning the egg carton on its side the night before cooking.
- The older the eggs the easier the shell is to peel off.
- Energy-Kilojoules 461
- Energy-Calories 110
- Protein 8
- Fat-Total 8
- Fat-Saturated 2
- Carbohydrate 1
- Carbohydrate-Sugars 0.7
- Sodium 204
- Potassium 174
- Calcium 28
- Iron 2.1
- Dietary-Fibre 1.2