- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- 1 leek, washed, green part trimmed, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 150g button mushrooms
- 1 tbs Sanitarium Marmite
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 curly kale leaves, sliced
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 200g rice noodles
- Heat a frying pan with the oil on a medium to low heat. Cook the onion, garlic, leek, carrot, celery, and mushrooms in a frying pan until tender for about 10-15 minutes.
- Mix together the Sanitarium Marmite and 4 cups boiling water in a jug. Pour mix into the vegetables and add the bay leaf. Reduce heat and leave to simmer for 15 minutes. Add kale leaves to the broth and allow to steep. Season to taste with ground black pepper.
- Heat water in another saucepan and bring to the boil. Drop noodles into to cook for 4 minutes. Drain. Divide noodles between four bowls.
- Top with vegetables and then a ladleful of the broth. Sprinkle with sliced spring onions and chilli flakes if desired.
Saturated Fat (g)0.8
Dietary Fibre (g)5.8
- Can be made for a jar or thermos to be taken to work or school.