Skip to content
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 onion, peeled, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 can (425g) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (400g) cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 2 tbs finely chopped parsley
- 4 tsp Marmite™
- 6-8 wholemeal/wholegrain tortillas
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup edam cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- To serve: avocado slices, yoghurt and salad
- Heat oil in a non-stick frypan and cook onion and capsicum until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in red kidney beans and cannellini beans.
- Add tomato paste, reduce heat and simmer for a further 15-20 minutes until completely cooked and sauce has thickened. Once tender, mash the beans with a fork or potato masher. Stir in chopped parsley and season to taste.
- Heat a sandwich press or frying pan. Spread Marmite™ onto two tortillas as desired. Spoon 1/4 of the mix and 1/4 of the cheese on each of the tortillas and then top with another tortilla. Cook for 1-2 minutes until browned and cheese has melted, turning the tortilla and cook for another minute if using a frypan.
- Cut into wedges and serve with avocado slices, yoghurt and salad.
Saturated Fat (g)
- If the sandwich press has a smaller grill plate, then fold each sandwiched tortilla over in half, or even in quarters, and grill.
- Baked beans can be substituted for red kidney beans.
- Add avocado for extra flavour.