At a glance
- Cook time
- Difficulty Easy
- Serves 6
- 10 small (500 grams) kumara, peeled
- 1 tbs oil
- 2 onions, peeled, sliced thinly
- a handful of mesculun salad leaves
- 12 small whole grain bread rolls
- 2 tbs Marmite™
- 2 tbs sweet chilli sauce
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Grease a shallow baking dish with oil spray.
- Grate kumara and season to taste. Mix with oil and loosely form into disc shapes. Should make enough for 12 discs.
- Place on baking dish and bake for 10 minutes on one side. Turn the rosti over and cook a further 5 minutes on the first side. Set aside.
- Fry onions in a frying pan on a medium heat for 10 minutes. Wash and drain salad leaves. Prepare the bread rolls, by cutting open and then toast on each side. Spread a ½ tsp of Marmite™ onto one side of each roll.
- Place a rosti in each bun, with a few salad leaves and then top with onion rings. Spoon on a little sweet chilli sauce to serve.
- Can substitute potato, parsnip or different types of sweet potatoes for this dish.
- Energy-Calories 412
- Protein 15
- Fat-Saturated 1
- Carbohydrate 77
- Carbohydrate-Sugars 9
- Sodium 923
- Potassium 750
- Calcium 90
- Iron 4.6