Skip to content
- 2 tbs oil
- 200 grams firm tofu, cut into medium cubes (optional)
- 1 medium onion, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and sliced finely (optional)
- 1 bok choy, washed well and drained
- 1 red capsicum, stalks and seed removed
- 1 yellow capsicum, stalks and seeds removed
- 1 tbs Marmite™
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- thai basil, vietnamese mint or coriander (to garnish)
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry tofu until golden brown, about 5 minutes and set aside.
- Use the same pan for frying the vegetables. Add onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, bok choy, red and yellow capsicums, Marmite™ and stir fry over high heat for a minute or two. Add 2-3 tbs water to avoid the vegetables drying out or sticking to pan.
- Add the bean sprouts and tofu back to the pan and continue tossing all the ingredients over medium-high heat until the tofu has absorbed all the juices.
- Serve with rice and garnish with fresh herbs.
- Tofu can be substituted with noodles or other vegetables. Cut into bite size pieces to cook evenly.
- Use broccoli or beans if bok choy is unavailable.