Skip to content
- 50 grams nuts (25 grams almonds, 25 grams cashews), toasted
- ½ cup (70g) sunflower seeds, toasted
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 250g reduced fat cream cheese
- ½ red onion, peeled, finely diced
- 1 tbs evaporated milk
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup grated edam cheese
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs Marmite™
- Preheat oven to 200°C. On a baking tray spread out the nuts and sunflower seeds. Toast for 7 minutes until golden brown, stirring once or twice. Put the almonds and cashews, sunflower seeds and parsley in a clean food processor bowl, and blitz until a crumb forms. Remove and set aside.
- Put the cream cheese, onion, celery, evaporated milk, cheese, lemon juice and Marmite™ in the food processor. Blitz until all ingredients are combined.
- Lay a clean piece of tin foil on a flat surface. Spread the nut, seed and parsley mix out. Spoon out the cheese mix. Roll the mix up in the seed mix covering all of it with the mix. Fold up the tin foil until completely covered.
- Leave to chill in fridge overnight or for 2-3 hours until ready to use. Serve with crackers or crostini.
- Preparation time does not include chilling time.