- 4 slices whole grain bread or ciabatta
- 2 tbs Marmite™
- ½ cup edam cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- Cos or iceberg lettuce leaves, washed
- 4 tbs cottage cheese
- fresh herbs, such as parsley, chives, basil, coriander or mint (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Lay slices of bread on an oven tray. Spread with Marmite™ and sprinkle with cheese. Bake or grill for 10 minutes. Set aside, when cool, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add vinegar. Poach eggs for 3-4 minutes until yolk is soft, but whites are firm.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on four serving plates with cottage cheese. Use a slotted spoon to remove eggs from water and arrange on salad leaves. Top with plenty of fresh herbs.
Saturated Fat (g)7
Pack this salad for lunch and use a hard-boiled egg instead of poached.