Skip to content
- 2 Tbs rice bran oil
- 100g popping corn
- 1 Tbs margarine
- 1 Tbs Marmite™
- 2 Tbs finely grated parmesan (33g)
- Preheat oven to 150ºC fan bake and line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan on medium-high. Add popping corn and shake the pan gently to coat kernels in oil. Cover with a lid. Shake the pan every 15-30 seconds, until virtually all the corn has popped - the pops should be 2-3 seconds apart at this point. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Place margarine in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted. Add Marmite and whisk until well combined (this will take a couple of minutes). Pour over the popcorn and stir until popcorn is evenly coated. Add parmesan and toss to combine.
- Pour popcorn onto prepared tray and spread out in a single layer. Bake for 5-7 minutes, until crisped up. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Saturated Fat (g)
- You can use a 100g packet of natural flavour microwave popcorn instead of the corn kernels and oil. Microwave as per instructions on the packet, then proceed with step 3.
- Parmesan can be omitted if preferred.
- Popcorn is best eaten fresh, but will keep well in an airtight container for a few days.