At a glance
- Cook time
- Difficulty Easy
- Serves 4
- 2 carrots, peeled, thinly sliced
- 3 kumara, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 parsnips, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced
- 1-2 rosemary sprigs, stalks removed
- 1 vegetable stock cube or 1 tsp powdered vegetable stock
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 70 grams almonds, toasted
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tbs Marmite™
- 2 tbs olive oil or margarine
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Prepare the vegetables. Arrange all the vegetables in a ceramic baking dish.
- Spray or sprinkle with oil and leaves from the rosemary sprig and crushed stock cube. Toss together to coat the vegetables with mixture. Roast vegetables for 20 minutes.
- Put bread, almonds, parsley, Marmite™, garlic and olive oil in a food processor bowl. Blitz until all ingredients are well mixed. Remove vegetables from the oven. Sprinkle crumble mixture over the vegetables.
- Bake in oven for a further 10 minutes. Serve warm or hot.
- Any seasonal vegetables can be used: capsicums, yams, courgettes, onions, asparagus etc.
- Also, try different nuts for the crumble topping, like walnuts, cashews or peanuts.
- Energy-Calories 421
- Protein 13
- Fat-Saturated 2
- Carbohydrate 57
- Carbohydrate-Sugars 20
- Sodium 585
- Potassium 1369
- Calcium 248
- Iron 7.6