At a glance
- Cook time
- Difficulty Easy
- Serves 4
- 8 large field mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley, thyme, basil or chervil
- 1 tablespoon Marmite™
- 4 small pita breads
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese or sour cream (optional)
- To garnish, fresh rocket leaves
- Clean and prepare field mushrooms, by brushing off any dirt and trimming the inner stalk.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat with the oil. Cook the spring onions and garlic until starting to brown. Add the whole mushrooms, herbs and the Marmite™ with ½ cup hot water. Turn the heat down and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the pita bread in a toaster or under a grill.
- Serve whole mushrooms, piled on the pita bread with some of the juices, and a sprinkling of blue cheese and fresh rocket leaves sprinkled over the top.
- Could use button mushrooms or any other type like Shittake, Brown or oyster mushrooms.
- Energy-Calories 165
- Protein 7
- Carbohydrate 24
- Carbohydrate-Sugars 2
- Sodium 378
- Potassium 339
- Calcium 53
- Iron 3.1