At a glance
- Cook time
- Difficulty Easy
- Serves 4
- 1 tbs Marmite™
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 onion, peeled, finely diced
- 1 cup (250 grams) arborio rice
- 250g button mushrooms, cleaned, quartered
- 250g courgette, trimmed, cut into pieces
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 tsp margarine
- 50g parmesan cheese, grated
- Place spoonful of Marmite™ in a 1 litre jug or bowl. Fill with boiling water, and stir to dissolve.
- Heat a deep heavy based frying pan with oil. Fry onion for 1 minute, until softened. Add rice and cook for 2-3 minutes until warmed through. Add mushrooms.
- Add boiling water mixed with Marmite™, 1 cup at a time, until water is absorbed. Add more hot water to Marmite™ mix if more liquid is needed. Simmer approximately 15 minutes, until rice is tender but still has ‘bite’. Season to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in sliced courgette, baby spinach leaves, margarine and cheese. Stir gently to combine.
- Use seasonal vegetables such as asparagus, fennel, broccoli or cauliflower for a difference.
- Energy-Calories 361
- Protein 13
- Fat-Saturated 3
- Carbohydrate 54
- Carbohydrate-Sugars 4
- Sodium 338
- Potassium 690
- Calcium 152
- Iron 2.8