Skip to content
- 1 ½ cups medium grain brown rice
- 4 cups (1L) water
- 2 tsp Marmite™
- 1 tbs chopped herbs eg parsley, basil, oregano, chives, marjoram
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 150g fresh or frozen spinach, stalks removed
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 200g firm tofu, cut into 1 cm cubes
- ¼ cup fresh chopped herbs
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, finely sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups (250mls) So Good™ Soy Milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Wash the grains of rice in a sieve. Heat the water in a large saucepan until boiling. Add the washed rice and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook rice for 20 minutes until tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Turn off the heat, place a lid on the pot and allow to steam for 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before adding the Marmite™, fresh herbs, eggs and cornflour. Mix well.
- Grease a 23cm spring form tin with spray oil. Press rice mixture into tin, covering both the base and sides. Push a piece of tin foil into the crust and bake blind in the oven for 10 minutes. Rest for 20 minutes and prepare filling.
- Blanch spinach in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain well and squeeze out extra water. Roughly chop. Mix with spring onions, tofu, herbs and slices of red capsicum in a bowl. Season to taste before spooning mixture into the pre-prepared crust.
- Whisk together eggs and soy milk before pouring evenly over the tofu and vegetables.
- Place the baking tin on a baking tray in the middle of the oven. Bake for 45 minutes until egg is set. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Saturated Fat (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)
- Short grain white rice can easily be substituted in place of brown rice.
- Any vegetables can be used.
- Instead of soy milk, any nut milk or reduced fat dairy milk can be used.
- This quiche can be made well ahead and served cold.
- Add feta cheese or substitute in place of tofu.