Skip to content
- 500g small button mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Marmite™
- 1 tsp dry or fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 500g penne pasta
- ½ buttercup pumpkin, peeled, seeds removed
- 2 red onions, peeled, cut into quarters
- 200g green beans, topped and tailed (could also be capsicum or any other vegetable)
- a handful basil leaves
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth. Place in a saucepan, cover and cook for 2 minutes, until juices start to run. Mix in garlic, olive oil, white wine vinegar, Marmite™, tarragon, and mustard. Season to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut up pumpkin into bite sized pieces. Roast pumpkin, together in a shallow baking dish, for 30 minutes. About 10 minutes before the end of cooking add the red onions, green beans and return to oven. Set aside to cool once cooked.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 10-12 minutes until just tender. Drain and rinse in colander.
- In a large serving platter, arrange the pasta with the mushrooms, pumpkin, onions and beans. Pour over the extra Marmite™ marinade and toss together. Top with fresh basil leaves to serve.
- Try a different pasta if preferred such as rigatoni.
- Preparation time does not include refrigeration time.