- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 2 cups high grade flour
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1 tbs instant dry yeast
- 50g margarine
- 1 ¼ cups + 1 tbs reduced fat milk, warmed
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup
- 4 Tbsp Marmite
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk flours, sugar and yeast together.
- Add margarine, milk, egg and Marmite. Using a dough hook attachment, mix on a low speed until combined.
- Increase to high speed and knead until a smooth dough forms.
- Transfer to a greased bowl. Cover and place in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Once doubled in size, punch the air out of the dough and divide into 15 portions. Roll each portion into balls and place evenly spaced apart on a greased baking tray. Cover and set aside in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- To make the crosses, place the Marmite in a piping bag. Pipe Marmite across the hot cross buns to make crosses.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
Saturated Fat (g)0.8
Dietary Fibre (g)3.1