- 400g can jackfruit
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- ¼ cup no added salt tomato paste
- 2 tbs white vinegar
- 1 tbs Marmite™
- 1 tbs mustard
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 4 large or 8 small wholemeal tortillas, warmed
- ¼ red cabbage, shredded
- coriander leaves (to serve)
- wedges of lime (to serve)
- ½ pineapple, skin and core removed, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- To prepare the salsa, mix all of the ingredients for the salsa together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Drain the jackfruit and use your hands to break it apart until shredded.
- Heat olive oil in a frypan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste, white vinegar, Marmite, mustard and brown sugar, and mix well to combine.
- Mix through the shredded jackfruit and cook until warm through. If you would like the jackfruit to be saucier, add a couple of teaspoons of water until you reach your desired consistency.
- Assemble your tacos starting with the warm tortillas. Top with shredded red cabbage, barbecue jackfruit and pineapple salsa. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve with wedges of lime.
Saturated Fat (g)2
Dietary Fibre (g)8.9
Mix things up and use fresh mango instead of pineapple for a delightful twist to the salsa.