At a glance
- Cook time
- Difficulty Easy
- Serves 4
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 4 tsp Marmite™
- 1 bunch watercress, rinsed, stalks removed
- Place eggs in a pan and cover them with room temperature water. Stir eggs, rotating them, while they come to a simmer. Turn off the heat, cover the pan, and leave eggs for 10 minutes, depending on the size of eggs.
- Drain the eggs and run them under cold water. Crack them immediately and carefully peel them under cold running water. Mash the eggs with a fork. Season to taste.
- Using a metal circle cutter or the shape of a tin can, cut out shapes from the bread. Place bread circles on a baking tray, spray with oil and grill in oven for 2-3 minutes until both sides are browned.
- Spread each piece of toast with a tsp of Marmite™. Top with a spoonful of mashed egg and then arrange water cress leaves on top. Drizzle with olive oil or vinaigrette to serve.
- Use olive oil or Marmite vinaigrette to serve
- If watercress unavailable substitute for rocket leaves, microgreens or mesculun.
- If you boil or overcook the eggs, they will tend to get grey around the edges of the yolks.
- Energy-Calories 142
- Protein 10
- Fat-Saturated 1
- Carbohydrate 12
- Carbohydrate-Sugars 1
- Sodium 516
- Potassium 193
- Calcium 39
- Iron 3.8